The Museum of Pollença is located in the old convent of the Dominicans that was built between 1588 and 1616; the Dominican friars occupied it until 1836. The name of Pollença has been linked to the world of painting since the early twentieth century, when artists such as Anglada Camarasa, Tito Cittadini … came from Paris, and its international reputation attracted other artists such as Mir, De Creeft … The influence of these artists materialized in the 60’s with the creation of the Salon Estival de Pintura, now International Contest of Plastic Arts, which with 34 editions has been the background of the Museum of Pollença. The Museum of Pollença was officially born in 1975. In its halls were exhibited the winning works of that Hall and a set of gothic altarpieces. Over time the collection of painting has increased and the background has been enriched with pieces of archaeological character, a Buddhist mandala and the Atilio Boveri collection.
Guillem Cifre de Colonya, s/n 07460 Pollença
+34 971 531 166