Bellver Castle is the oldest circular castle in Europe Bellver Castle was ordered to build between the years 1300 and 1311 by Jaime II as royal residence, function that played during several centuries. In 1771 it was converted into a military prison, one of its most illustrious prisoners being the minister of Carlos IV, Gaspar Melchor de Jovellanos, prisoner from 1802 to 1808. It is also used as the site of the Despuig sculpture collection or as a place to develop various cultural activities.
Carrer Camilo José Cela, s/n, 07014 Palma
+34 971 73 50 65